GREY POINT FORT WW1 COASTAL DEFENCE BATTERY GREY POINT FORT AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY - Helen’s Bay Crawfordsburn 2008 The Shelters  The shelters are below ground level and this is where the gun crews on duty were  quartered, ready for instant action, the shelters to the right of Grey Point Fort have  now been converted into public toilets  Battery Observation Post  The battery observation post was the tactical headquarters of the Battery  Commander, he had a clear view of his guns and their field of fire, and could also  pass orders to both guns and searchlight positions on the fore shore  There are three searchlight positions, No. 11 and No. 13 were built in 1936 and  No. 12 was built in 1940  Fire Command Post  The Fire Command Post was the tactical headquarters fo the Fire Commander  who had operational command  of the batteries at Grey Point Fort, Kilroot, Orlock  and Magilligan (guarding the entrance to Lough Foyle)   The camping ground The camping ground now to the south of the fort is now covered by private homes.